Leadership
My parents were the kind of parents who the only thing I learned from them was what kind of parent I didn’t want to be. I’ve had leadership in the Army that have taught me the same thing about being a leader. I’m not the kind of person to not like people. I can usually get along with just about anyone. But I’ve come to a point and it’s driving me crazy, that I can’t stand to be around a certain person in my unit for more than a minute before I literally want to rip their head off. It’s not a good situation to be in with someone you’re stuck in Iraq with for almost a year.
In the Army you’re supposed to respect rank and not question authority. I can do that just fine. But there are two kinds of respect: the respect I give someone because they outrank me and I have to and the respect that I give those I truly respect because they deserve it. Rank does not make you a good leader. And lack of rank does not mean that you can’t lead. I’ve seen a lot of people in the military who somehow got promoted despite the fact that they are worthless and many people who have been passed up for promotion for stupid reasons, though they have leadership capabilities.
So, obviously this person I was referring to earlier is one of those who gets only the respect I absolutely have to give, and of course we clash heads about this. I said that I’m not the kind of person who can hate someone, it drives me mad, so I try to look at it this way, this person has taught me a lot about the kind of leader I want to be someday.
I believe that leaders always have to have the good of their Soldiers first on their priority list. Some leaders are motivated by making things better for themselves and they fail to realize that what is good for one person, doesn’t always benefit a group of people.
I also believe that to be respect or to expect to be respected you first have to prove you are worthy of the position you hold and you have to, in turn, show some degree of respect, or at least civility towards those you expect to follow you.
I think a lot more can be accomplished by a civil discussion than a smoke session out back or a condescending lecture. Actually, when I’m trying so hard not to laugh or to suppress some smart ass remark, I’m probably not hearing what you’re saying anyway.
Some people let leadership go to their head. These are usually the people who were never respected when they were younger, who never had the opportunity to lead in any other aspect of their lives. So the Army gives them this opportunity and they grab it for all it’s worth, clinging onto it for dear life.
10 Comments:
But there are other times these people (and all around) need to be shown you have claws.
tikitibu
Your site Buffbabe220, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for Youth Leadership yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site Youth Leadership I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!
Hi Buffbabe220, I found your blog searching for algarve car rental and I find it great although it doesn't cover exactly the algarve car rental I was looking for. Anyway I'll be visiting your blog regularly as I found here interesting thoughts.
Keep up the good work!
Hi Buffbabe220, I found your blog searching for algarve car rental and I find it great although it doesn't cover exactly the algarve car rental I was looking for. Anyway I'll be visiting your blog regularly as I found here interesting thoughts.
Keep up the good work!
Hi Buffbabe220, I found your blog searching for algarve car hire and I find it great although it doesn't cover exactly the algarve car hire I was looking for. Anyway I'll be visiting your blog regularly as I found here interesting thoughts.
Keep up the good work!
Hi Buffbabe220, I found your blog searching for portugal car hire and I find it great although it doesn't cover exactly the portugal car hire I was looking for. Anyway I'll be visiting your blog regularly as I found here interesting thoughts.
Keep up the good work!
Hi ,some great stuff here.Im an avid car lover and came across a site about Antique Cars# that I thought was worth sharing as they have some really fantastic resources,considering how old these things are now I really struggle to get good information so if you enjoy the vehicles of the past go like I do then take a look.
Hi nice site here, keep it up. If you have a free time, don't hesitate to visit my blog at SURAYBLOG. Feel free too to read useful posts at DoubleDT.Com and Asian Advantage. See you...
Until recently I thought earning online, or creating a home based small business as an impossible task. Lately after interacting some of the industry experts, I developed a methodology to earn continuous stream of income. The mantra is to earn money thorugh multiple streams, this will cut down on the risks involved. Do check my site, where I have listed out all free and easy money making oppotunities, check[url=http://www.earn-online-money.com]Earn Easy Online Money[/url]. Do feel free to comment about the methods, your feedback is important for me. Regards
Well, If you have ever considered writing some script to automate those things that you do many times each day, then you have a great and easy way to automate the entir e process. It comes without saying that a few imacros and firefox add-ons can automate all actions connected to a browser (Mozilla). If you would like to automate your system as such, then you'll need some other script, simple commands will automate your system. Even a beginner will automate things using a simple software called as sikuli all you need to do is to tell Sikuli what to do by giving some screenshots and straightforward commands.
A GUI will be used with Sikuli. Sikuli is an open siurce scripting application that will use a mix of simple commands like click, type, wait and so on. There's no internal API support, it just searches the screen for the image in the screenshot-which implies that you'll use it for anything. There is literally no limit on how you employ it to automate things.
This is too good to be true, however if you watch the subsequent video, you may come to know that this can be very easy. If you visit their home page, you get a lot of tutorials and support; it can be a cake walk even for beginners. You'll be able to check the video as well as get the software at [url=http://technoages.com/operating-system/apple-mac-os/automate-everything-through-a-simple-script-make-your-computer-listen-to-you/]TechnoAges.com[/url]
Post a Comment
<< Home